How can I make a gift?
Advancement and Development
7000 Adventist Blvd
Huntsville, AL 35896
Enclose check payable to: “Oakwood University”. In the check's memo section, please designate the allocation of the gift.
Online: Make a gift online by visiting www.ougiving.com.
What is planned giving?
Planned giving encompasses a variety of philanthropic strategies that help you provide for charity while also advancing your own financial and personal objectives. For more information please visit the OU planned giving website at: www.oakwood.giftlegacy.com.
What are the advantages of donating online?
Online credit card donations can be a cost-efficient way for nonprofits to receive donations. Credit card donations allow Oakwood University to receive funds faster, without having to spend time processing checks. Also, donors need not spend money on a stamp.
Are international donations accepted?
Yes. Oakwood University accepts both checks and credit cards.
Are donations tax-deductible in the United States?
Do donations qualify for tax deductions in other countries?
Yes. (Please seek your own tax counsel regarding the amount).
Will I receive a receipt?
Anyone who donates a gift of any amount will receive a receipt from the Development Office. The receipt is generated once the donation has been processed and is mailed to the donor.
What if I need a duplicate receipt?
How quickly will my donation be processed?
Typically, donations are processed within the week from when it is received by the Development Office.
How can I find out if my company will match my gift?
- Find out if your or your spouse's employer will match your gift by speaking to your Benefits or Human Resources Office.
- The Benefits or Human Resources Office of the donor's employer (or the donor's spouse's employer) will be able to provide necessary information on the company's Matching Gift Program and the method the company uses to process matching requests.
- According to University policy, matching gifts will be credited to the same fund as the donor's original gift, unless:
ü The donor requests otherwise; or
ü The policies of the company prohibit matching gifts to particular funds.
How do I get my company to match my gift?
- A matching gift is when an individual gives to a nonprofit organization and their employer donates an equal or greater amount to the same organization. A matching gift is a great way for a donor to increase his or her contribution to Oakwood University.
- Companies have various methods by which they can submit their matching gift requests to Oakwood. These include:
ü paper forms
ü online forms (which the donor can print from the internet)
ü phone verification systems
Can I make an anonymous/confidential donation?
Yes. Please let us know if you wish that your gift remain confidential.
Can I make a gift in honor or in memory of someone?
Yes. Gifts in memory or in honor of an individual can be made during one's lifetime or through bequests. Please indicate this preference while making your gift, and please include honoree's class year, as appropriate.
Can I make a gift to a specific fund or campaign?
Yes. Any gift made to any part of the University in any amount can be credited to that particular area or campaign. If you can’t find the specific fund online, please indicate which fund you would like to support in the comments section.
Where can I learn more about the Capital Campaign?
To find more information on the capital campaign, visit the giving home page, www.ougiving.com and click on capital campaign for more information.
Who can I call if I need help making a gift?
If you have questions, you can always call 256-726-7201.